Out on the town today trying a new (to me) beer. Anchorage Brewing – The Tide and its Takers. This is a barrel aged triple aged in Chardonnay barrels. The beer is quite dry with distinct spice notes an a slightly sour finish. Quite refreshing on a hot day.
Been doing other things of late. Need to get back into the blog posting. I did try a nice little stout called The Dark Truth recently, but have done no new hikes lately. I have a desire, but no real plan, to hike and/or bike Angel Island this month. Stay tuned…
So here’s the deal; next week, on May 7, 2013 I’m going to start my Northern California beer tour. Planned stops will include:
- Russian River Brewery
- Bear Republic Brewery
- Calistoga Inn Restaurant & Brewery
- Mendocino Brewing Ale House
- Anderson Valley Brewing Co.
- North Coast Brewing Co. Tap Room
- Eel River Brewing Tap Room
- Lost Coast Brewery
- Redwood Curtain Brewing Company
- Mad River Brewing Company – Tasting Room
- Wildcard Brewing Co.
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Co
Here’s a map:
Stay tuned for updates.